So Ya Wanna Date My Daughter?

Tonight Ashley is going to her first homecoming dance. She’s going with her friend Sam from church.

I decided that it would be good to take a picture to capture the moment. (“You kids have fun!”)

About Jonathan McKee

president of The Source for Youth Ministry, is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices, If I Had a Parenting Do Over, 52 Ways to Connect with Your Smartphone Obsessed Kid; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He has over 20 years youth ministry experience and speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers and parents on his websites, TheSource4YM.com and TheSource4Parents.com. You can follow Jonathan on his blog, getting a regular dose of youth culture and parenting help. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.
[Are you getting this daily blog in your email inbox?] If not, it's real easy-go here.
This entry was posted in Family, Humor, Parenting, Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to So Ya Wanna Date My Daughter?

1. Kristie Escoe says:

This might be the single greatest picture I’ve ever seen in my life. My daughter’s “Fall Ball” is in November and we are SO stealing this idea!!! Hope she had a wonderful time. 🙂

2. dan manns says:

Is that a Remington 870 express?

3. just me says:

Did you give him the talk too? It goes something like this… I REALLY love my daughter, and there is just no telling what I would do if someone hurt her. It might just drive me insane and make me do something stupid. But that’s OK, prison wasn’t that bad, I don’t mind going again!!

4. Paul Loeffler says:

Rodney Atkins’, “Cleaning This Gun (Come on in, Boy)” One of my favorites.

5. Jeremy Stafford says:

I thought you mind this funny from one of the Catholic Speakers about taking his daughter out.

6. Casey says:

LOL. Great picture. Thankfully, I haven’t had to get out the gun yet.

7. Adam Jacobus says:

What, no bandolier??

8. Ryan Forkel says:

Looks like you’re getting in touch with your inner Clint Eastwood…or Charles Bronson.

9. Shawna says:

That’s exactly how my husbands feels every time my daughter, who’s a senior, and her boyfriend comes over.

10. jimmy says:

Dude you are setting bad examples.
    1. Unless you are going to shoot your daughter you’ll acquire your target quicker if you angle the gun more towards the “perp” rather than away from him.
    2. Don’t put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to pull the trigger. Say you wanted to gut check him with the stock, with your finger on the trigger you might have an accidental discharge.
    3. Wear a manlier shirt! (Not saying I don’t own one the same color, but I wouldn’t be holding a shotgun while wearing it)

• Ha… you’re a turd Jimmy! 🙂 (but you actually make really good points. I’m going to have to note that about the trigger… especially during a Zombie attack. Although I’ll probably wear my pink shirt during that!)