It’s time for a fun little contest. I need your help finishing my TOP-10 list, and the person who submits the best answer will receive a copy of The Skit Guys’ new Skits That Teach Volume 2, a great little resource from Youth Specialties.
Most of us who’ve been in ministry for even a year or two have had the “privilege” of hiring a speaker for a camp or event. Booking speakers isn’t always easy. In my book about programming outreach events, Getting Students to Show Up, I spend an entire chapter talking about this daunting task, sharing a cornucopia of true stories, hilarious tales of “hiring” gone wrong.
But how do you know you’ve hired the wrong speaker? Are there tell-tale signs?
Here’s my fun new Top-10 List that will give you a clue. I wrote the first nine—use the comment feature of this blog and submit yours #1. Best answer wins the new Skit Guys book at the end of this week!
You Know You’ve Hired the Wrong Camp Speaker When…
10. Five minutes before he goes on he asks where he can change into his “costume.”
9. You ask him what passage of Scripture he’ll be using and he replies, “All of them.”
7. When you’re finalizing his booking he asks, “Your kids like balloon animals, right?”
6. When you ask her who to cut the check to she gets really nervous and demands cash.
5. He gives you his theme verse for the week: Ezekiel 23:20-21
4. When he opens in prayer, he looks both ways and asks, “Which way is Mecca?”
3. When you ask her which version of the Bible she’ll be using, she replies, “Bible?”
2. His opening words: “Whaaaasssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!”
#1- we now have posted the winner HERE!