This week we had a resourceful little contest that truly made us all winners, because not only am I giving away cool prizes to 10 different people, but all of us now get the benefit of a page full of great ideas for conversation starters! Check them all out. Really good stuff. Thank you all for participating (over 100 comments).
I’m tired (a week at jury duty- finished today, sentencing a young man to prison. So sad. I’m truly emotionally drained), so I won’t delay. Let’s get right to the winners.
I had my team at THE SOURCE look at all 100+ comments and each send me their favorites. It’s funny how many of us chose the exact same ones. In all honesty, 8 out of 10 of these winners were chosen by at least three people alike on our team (all youth workers and parents who regularly are conversating with kids).
Here’s the winners, some comments by me, followed by some instructions for each winner to claim their prizes.
To start us off, I have to go straight to Kerri S who asked (count em’) four amazingly insightful questions. We could really give her four prizes… but that would be lame for everyone else. So we’ll just give her one and give nine other people prizes! 🙂
One of her questions was literally picked by my entire team. That was:
- If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing before you started high school, what would it be?
Awesome question Kerri. Myself and my team also loved her other three questions:
- If you could change one thing about your high school, what would it be
- What do you think is one of the biggest misconceptions people have about teenagers?
- Complete the statement- My life would be better if…
The rest of the winners:
Jeremy Smith asked a great question, chosen by most of my team: Is there anything you would willingly give your life for?
Chelsea asked: You have to eat the exact same meal for the next 12 months. What do you pick?
Mike asked: What’s the best birthday present you could ever imagine receiving, and who would you want to receive it from?
Michelle asked: If you could know the date of your death, would you want to?
There were several questions that talked about do-overs (if you could change one thing this week, today, this year, in your life…). Matt Pilla was the first to ask it, so we’re giving him the prize. He asked: If you could go back and change one thing about this week, what would it be?
Jason England asked: You’ve just sat down to use the restroom when you notice there is no toilet paper. What do you use and why? Gross, but hilarious.
Carl Eliason asked: If you were stuck in an elevator for 24 hours with one person, who would you like that person to be? Great question. Much like the desert island scenario.
Beaty Bass asked a million questions… and what do you know, one of them was chosen by several of my team: What was the last thing you cried about? Great question (My wife loved that one. She said it would have been a great one for her small group of girls). Your perseverance was worth it Beaty!!!
And finally, Kevin Hand asked an oldy but goody that still works really well with young people: If you were stranded on a desert island and you could take 3 items, what items would you take and why?
Okay… for the 10 winners… here’s how you claim your prize. Follow instructions carefully:
1. Use the CONTACT US button at the top of this blog to email me.
2. Give me your full name, the same email address you entered when you entered your comment, and the question you asked (so I can identify you).
3. Tell me the NAME and full ADDRESS where you want your prize mailed to (we’ll send it via USPS).
4. Tell me which prize you prefer, the BluRay or the book (and which book, Connect, or Candid Confessions…) The first to email will get the prize they request…first come, first serve.
That’s it! Thanks again for participating!